We Aim to Provide a Rewarding Job and a Great Working Environment.
Jobs for Disability Workers for in-home support are now available. To express an interest in these positions, you must EMAIL your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
You will find all current vacancies on Elba’s facebook page
Remember to like our page while you are there. You will never miss new vacancies posts.
Elba is a non-profit community-based organisation. Founding members established it for the purpose to support people with disabilities and their families, living as far north as Joondalup and as far south as Busselton. The services offered by Elba include individual and home support, in-home respite, out-of-home respite, home help, community access, and host families. Elba is governed by a Board of Management which is elected annually by the members of the organisation. Furthermore, Elba receives its operating funds from the Western Australian Government in the form of an annual grant and also from the NDIS.
What are the requirements?
- Have the right to work in Australia. Additionally, visa holders can also apply
- A valid nationally recognised first-aid certificate
- Hold a current driver’s licence. Being capable of using a hoist and driving an automatic van is essential
- NDIS Workers Screening
- Have English proficiency – effective communication and comprehension skills
- Hold a manual handling certificate or be willing to obtain one before commencing training
- Willing to undertake personal care for quadriplegic members, including home care, personal care- showering, toileting, dressing, feeding
- Supporting the member’s mobility through the use of hoists, slide boards, wheelchairs, and other equipment
- Experience working with Spinal Cord injuries
What do we offer:
• Ongoing training and support.
• Initially working with another support worker to familiarise yourself with the role.
If this sounds like a role you would be interested in, please send your resume and a brief letter describing your skills and experience and two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org.