Elba assists with personal tasks of daily life to enable the individual to live as autonomously as possible.
Daily Life Care, Support and Independence
Elba’s goal is to assist with and supervise daily life care and personal tasks. Above all, we want to enable our members to live as autonomously as possible. A range of support systems is provided for each member in different environments, including the individual’s own home.
Elba will work with members to develop a plan. This will outline how we will support you to meet your support needs and achieve your goals. Our Human Resources team works in conjunction with each member. Most importantly, this is to ensure a support worker is employed that will effectively communicate, support, and assist members in achieving their aspirations. Additionally, our HR team strives to match personality, personal needs, and care requirements with those of support workers.
Depending on funding resources available, Elba can provide support where and whenever it is required.
The following is a snapshot of the supports Elba can provide:
- Assistance with personal care and preparing meals.
- A focus on assisting members in learning new skills and gaining their independence.
- Support with daily living activities. Including communication, mobility, transport, shopping, and purchasing tasks
- Help to attend medical and other appointments.
- Transport assistance to gain new skills, confidence, and independence in using public transport facilities.
Development and Support with Daily Living and Life Skills
Development of daily living and life skills focusing on training. Subsequently, ongoing support for an individual to live as autonomously as possible. Training and assistance can be provided either individually or through shared activities. It can include skills development and support with daily living activities. This can include communication, social skills, tenancy, budgeting, problem-solving and more.