Elba offers a range of choices to enable our members to be in control
Participation in community, social and civic activities
Assisting an individual to participate actively in community, social and civic activities; includes supporting people during these activities and developing the persons’ ability to partake in these activities
Activities that promote and encourage physical well-being, including exercise and sporting activities.
Elba will work with you to develop a plan that outlines how we will support you to achieve your goals. Our Human Resources team works in conjunction with each member to ensure a support worker is employed that will effectively communicate, support and assist you to achieve your goals and aspirations. As each individual is unique our HR team strives to match personality, personal needs and care requirements with those of new support workers.
With the assistance of your support workers and Elba’s coordinators we are able to access a vast variety of activities, events and workshops within your community. The following provides an idea of what Elba can provide:
- Assistance to link into social and recreational community groups and clubs
- Assisting you to develop and participate in volunteer roles that interest you
- Meeting with family and friends
- Participating in sport and a range of leisure activities
- Support for you to access training and educational courses
- Support for you to attend social events
- Support for you to attend medical and other appointments;
- Assistance with access to personal fitness programs, gyms and sporting activities in your local community
- Assistance for you to build your confidence and independence in using public transport facilities
- Physical wellbeing programs such as hydrotherapy and physical exercise programs